I’m not sure if it’s because December is here which means Christmas is near and I’m in better spirits, but I am finding a lot of little nuggets of joy around me. Here are a few of my favorite things at the moment:
1. BCBG wood necklace with rhinestone leaf motif. For a reason I cannot explain, I am drawn to jewellery made of wood. Maybe it’s the rich colour of the wood or its smooth surface. Either way, the combination of dark wood with bright leaves drew me in and I had to add it to my collection.
2. Peter Gene Hernandez. Better known to the world as Bruno Mars. My boyfriend’s sister first introduced me to his music a few weeks ago and I can’t stop listening. All I want to listen to are his easy, fun, and upbeat songs. It doesn’t help that last week’s Glee episode was centered around Bruno Mars. Um… can I please have a Glee wedding?
3. Heritage Club Monaco sweatshirt. Remember the Club Monaco t-shirts with the crest? I do. When the Heritage Collection at Club Monaco came out last month, I wanted to reminisce about my childhood and the classic tees. No matter that the collection was for men. Besides, the sweatshirts and hoodies are super cozy and are really cute paired with a preppy look.
4. Darla, my myrtle tree. I don’t normally names things. My stuffed animals were nameless, I’ve never named a house I lived in, and if I owned a car I would not give it a name. So why did I name my myrtle tree? This plant (introduced to me by Nahri) has so much character it deserves a name. She is high maintenance and needs a lot of love, but she is dainty and pretty. She adds life to my place and leaves a wonderful lingering scent when you massage your fingers among her branches.
5. Laurentian Chief moccasins. I found these on Queen Street during my brief stay in Toronto after despairing that I wouldn’t be able to clock any quality shopping time after walking aimlessly around Yorkdale (don’t get me wrong, it’s a great mall, but it’s a mall). Turns out I didn’t have to despair. I love purple, details, and warmth. These little moccasins fit all three loves so I had to have them.
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I don’t think I’m very original with this one. I know this is a favorite book and cartoon for many. What’s not to love though? The (respectfully) outrageous Dr. Seuss, charming Whoville, and the meanest Grinch you learn to love as he grows a heart. I’ve watched the cartoon almost every Christmas as far back as I can remember and it’s a tradition I will keep for years to come and share with my own children.
What are your favorite things right now?
Have a great weekend and stay warm!